Organisation: UNRWA, The UN agency for Palestine refugees
Position: Major Donor Manager
Location: Amman, Jordan or elsewhere in Middle-East region
Salary: Upon application to UNRWA
Closing date: 23/07/2017 (day/month/year)
UNRWA, The UN agency for Palestine refugees
the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff
working across five areas of operation, is looking for professionals like you.
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by
voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business
foundations and individual contributions. The mission of UNRWA is to help Palestine refugees achieve their full
potential in human development under the difficult circumstances in which they
live. In line with this mission, the Agency works towards five strategic
outcomes: (a) Palestine refugee rights under international law are protected
and promoted; (b) Palestine refugee health is protected and disease burden is
reduced; (c) school-age children complete quality, equitable and inclusive
basic education; (d) Palestine refugee capabilities are strengthened for
increased livelihood opportunities; and (e) Palestine refugees are able to meet
their basic human needs of food, shelter and environmental health.
you want to make a lasting difference?
The main responsibilities include:
University degree from an accredited educational institution in fundraising/marketing, business or public administration, communications or relevant field;
• A minimum of a five-year track record in securing donations from major donors and high net worth individuals in the nonprofit sector or with UN organizations, with demonstrable experience of partnership development;
•Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of major donor fundraising;
•Experience of working with HNWI’s and Major Donors in the Middle East;
•Understanding of Philanthropy, particularly in the Middle East, USA and UK;
•Understanding of international development issues, and the situation of Palestine refugees is essential;
Excellent command of verbal and written English and Arabic.
You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Proactive and action-oriented personality; strong sense of pace and urgency;
• Technical skills in the complete fundraising cycle: e.g. market research, strategy development; budgeting and donor relationship management;
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interface professionally with high net worth individuals. Must be sensitive to donors’ interests and possess a thorough understanding of the development process;
• Excellent organizational skills, an ability to work independently with minimal direction, and an ability to work well with others;
• Results-oriented, project management and planning skills, as well as the ability to bring donor solicitations and proposals to successful closure;
• Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of product or services to client;
• Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations;
• Communications: Effectively presents thoughts and ideas, including complex technical concepts, in a clear, concise, and readily understood manner, both verbally and in writing. Listens to and acknowledges others’ perspectives and views
• Creativity: Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; thinks “outside the box”; Takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; Is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches;
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts; joint responsibility for team shortcomings;
• Accountability: Takes ownership for all responsibilities and honors commitments; Delivers outputs for which one ha responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable;
Conditions of service
submit a cover letter and CV or UN Personal History Form demonstrating
clearly the knowledge and experience required to meet the consultancy
requirements via firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating the title
of this consultancy “Major Donor Manager” in the subject line of the message. The deadline for
submitting applications will be after 23 July 2017. Late applications will not be considered.
UNRWA is an equal
opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men. UNRWA
encourages applications from qualified and experienced female candidates.
Only those applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. UNRWA is
a non-smoking environment.
Response email: Click here to email the recruiter
Preferred method of response: Email
Closing date: 2017-07-23
Globalcharityjobs.com is not responsible for the content of this advertisement, nor for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Globalcharityjobs.com provides this advertisement as a service, and the inclusion of any vacancy does not imply endorsement by Global Charity Jobs.