At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
Sr. Reigonal Liaison - Africa (Memphis, TN Based)
The Regional Liaison serves as the primary point of contact for ALSAC’s foundation partners throughout Africa. Provides strategic guidance, direction, and overall education to improve the foundations operating performance and ability to provide sustainable resources to the medical facility it supports. Manages responsibilities integral to the development and implementation of ALSAC's global expansion. Lead relationship manager for international, hospital foundation partners and consortia, helping to strengthen the fundraising and organizational capacity of our international partners. Requires cross-divisional collaboration throughout the organization to identify and execute foundation strategies in country. Duties include measurable strategic planning, implementing tactics, executing programs, managing relationships at various levels within a company, and expanding marketing and fundraising efforts while maximizing the funds and awareness raised for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Benefits & Perks
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
Exceptional Paid Time Off
Maternity / Paternity Leave
Infertility Treatment Program
Enterprise Learning and Development
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
- Requires demonstrated skill in working within a complex environment at senior levels with strong capabilities in planning, organization, and management.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of fund raising, operations, marketing and public relations, very strong communication and interpersonal skills; and public speaking skills.
- Requires flexibility in travel and work locations on an international basis on weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Requires strong interpersonal and telephone skills and desire to build successful relationships with affiliated foundations of St. Jude. Requires ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners;
- Working knowledge of data processing applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access) and Web browsers and navigation (Microsoft Internet Explorer);
- Knowledge ordinarily acquired through a Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of operations, sales, marketing, fundraising or related experience including international foundation experience.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to manage budgets.
- English required. French and/or Arabic preferred.
- Ability to be a strong educator and liaison for our affiliated foundations in the designated Africa region.
- Requires substantial work experience in Africa.