Founded in in 2001, Daryl Upsall International is one of the world’s leading international fundraising consultancies, with two divisions working across non-profit recruitment and strategic consulting. We have an unrivalled global track record of working with over 250 NPOs across more than 60 countries. Our recruitment division has a specialist team, spanning the globe, comprising of experienced and trusted senior consultants that provide a comprehensive range of recruitment services to the non-profit sector. Our recruitment division is seeking Recruitment Consultants to join our dynamic and passionate team, dedicated to matching our clients with the most fitting and suitable candidates to staff their organizations.
Working as a Recruitment Consultant with Daryl Upsall International offers a progressive and exciting opportunity to work with top non-profits – small and large, foundations, UN agencies, and higher education institutions across the globe. There is a diverse array of roles that we recruit for, for example, ranging from finding a new CEO for a large humanitarian network, to searching for an advocacy manager for an emerging start up. Our common thread is that we specialise and focus on roles for the non-profit sector.
The recruitment consultant role is highly flexible and offers candidates the opportunity to work remotely from anywhere around the world. We encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply, especially those from underrepresented groups. Recruitment consultants work on a project-by-project basis and, as such, hours are flexible depending on each recruitment
project. You have the chance to manage your own time and calendar, as long as agreed deadlines are met. You will join our team of experienced recruiters, working through the different recruitment stages to ensure we find the candidates that meet our client’s requirements and best align with their culture and values.
- Conducting briefing calls with the client to acquire an in-depth understanding of the requirements for every position, as well their organization’s culture and values.
- Defining job descriptions, for a wide range of roles in the non-profit sector.
- Working closely with our dedicated marketing and operations team to create specific plans for advertising and promoting each role we are recruiting for.
- Working with our in-house creative writer to develop new and stimulating copy that strengthens our brand, enthuses our clients, and encourages potential candidates.
- Researching and headhunting for a wide variety of positions, using our LinkedIn account professionally, constructively, and imaginatively.
- Assessing profiles, acknowledging, and filtering all incoming applications.
- Maintaining friendly and constant communication with both clients and candidates.
- Advising organizations on profiles, and professionally managing the process and relationship until the placement of the candidate has been achieved.
- Writing up candidate summary profiles, benchmarking against role criteria and other candidates, and evaluating suitability with the organization’s culture.
- Depending on the search type: conducting and writing up in-depth interviews.
The following experience, skills, personality, and attributes we have outlined for Recruitment Consultant propose an aspirational view of our ideal applicant. However, we strongly encourage applications from candidates with an array of different backgrounds and with a wide range of experiences.
- Relevant experience in recruitment, project management and/or fundraising, with transferable skills to align with our unique, non-profit recruitment requirements.
- Understanding of a recruitment process, with experience screening potential candidates, conducting briefing calls and interviews, reading applications, and completing skills assessments.
- Familiarity with operating internationally, or across multiple time zones, with prior experience working remotely.
- Experience in project management across fundraising, marketing, public relations, human resources, or another field relevant to the international non-profit sector. Higher education in a relevant subject could be useful but is not essential for this role.
- Fluency in English with strong written communication skills, suitable for composing persuasive job announcements, and writing job descriptions, interview questions, and reports in a concise manner.
- Excellent digital literacy in a variety of programmes (MS Office, CRMs, business intelligence tools, social media etc.).
- A second language is a great asset to have, as we work with clients from multiple countries around the world.
Personality and Attributes
- A positive, organized, stress-resilient team player, able to work flexibly and professionally with a range of people across levels of seniority. We are a team that supports one another and thrives on collaboration.
- The ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet timelines within the project expectations.
- You are a self-starter with a persistent and tenacious nature, who is innovative and creative and able to work with little supervision.
- A collaborative approach to client relations and display a strong ability to interact with external stakeholders and clients, from across the globe, to problem solve and establish the correct recruitment plan for their vacancy.
- An adaptive attitude when dealing with uncertainty, and an ability to deliver to our clients.
- Passion and skill are key to finding the best candidates for our clients.
- You have the skills, flexibility, and resilience required to work internationally, with high degree of cultural sensitivity.
- A trustworthy nature is important in managing sensitive situations and information; we are seeking a discrete, professional individual with excellent judgement.
Daryl Upsall International is flexible in how we pay our free-lance consultants. We strive to maintain a positive and sustainable working environment for each and every team member. This role will be a fully remote with a necessarily flexible schedule. Recruitment consultants must have the right to work in the country they apply from.
The recruitment division of Daryl Upsall International is always open to receive CVs in order to expand the international recruiting team, to meet the ever-growing demand for its services, and we are actively looking to expand our pool of Recruitment Consultants at the current time.
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to Ruth Gardner at (see email below).
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “Daryl Upsall – Recruitment Consultant” in the email subject line. Also please let us know where you saw the post advertised.