Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Global Digital Supporter Engagement Specialist in London, UK or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office worldwide.
Role Purpose:Save the Children is looking to significantly increase our digital engagement with new and existing supporters to achieve our programmatic and advocacy goals.
Both raising funds and engaging with our supporters through campaigning in digital channels are key to delivering to the strategy.
Therefore, it is a priority for National Save the Children Member Organizations (internally called “Members”) to add to the expertise in the international team to support the growth in this channel.
This role sits within the Global Digital Engagement Team, headquartered in London, which provides strategic support and specialist technical guidance to our 27+ Members in Asia, Europe, Latin America and North America. This team also focuses on reaching out to new audiences and engaging with them in non-member markets with a special focus on a list of key markets.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious Digital Supporter Engagement Specialist with experience using marketing automation tools to join our international team and bring about a change in the way Save the Children attracts, inspires and engages our supporters, who are critical to achieve our ambitions for children.
The post is responsible for:
- Supporting Members to achieve significant sustainable unrestricted income growth through engaging with new and existing supporters in digital channels with a special focus on lead generation and donor conversion/retention through marketing automation.
- Lead the development and manage the implementation of new lead magnets (hand raisers, petitions, quizzes, other…).
- Engage with the Global Fundraising Hub to integrate digital with other channels such us Telemarketing, Donor Development, Legacies and Mid/Major Donors.
- During the development of global campaigns, work within the campaign cluster to ensure lead generation tactics and assets are included in the campaign plan.
- Be aware of the sector latest trends in supporter engagement and lead innovation in this area.
- Lead strategic projects as requested by the Digital Public Engagement.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency or during members of the team’s leaves, the role holder may be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
This role will involve the opportunity to travel to support the set up and development of lead generation and conversion programmes in new markets as well as more established fundraising markets.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing lead generation and conversion programs (ideally within an international NGO). Proven success in delivering these programmes with demonstrated financial results.
- At least 1 year experience working at an international level.
- Experience of working in an advisory role with a diverse range of seniority levels and markets
- Solid knowledge and experience in email marketing and marketing automation at international level
- Proven project management skills delivering complex projects on time and on budget with a strong knowledge of all the financial aspects of digital fundraising/marketing including analysis of costs/income, ROI, conversion and attrition data and all other relevant KPIs
- Knowledge of budgeting, planning and performance management of digital fundraising/marketing
- As well as technical expertise, an ability to describe complex or technical issues using terms a non-specialist can clearly understand.
- Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity
- Experience of working in a support role to a diverse range of fundraising markets
- Strong personal, organisational and self-management skills; with an ability to lead and work in teams and motivate others
- Ability to think critically, objectively, analytically and strategically, solve problems quickly and show initiative
- An assertive and persuasive negotiator
- A self-starter using initiative to see opportunities to achieve objectives in this role
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to articulate the work of Save the Children with passion
- A willingness to travel to support members directly or to relevant events as required.
- A solid understanding and experience of integrating digital with offline campaigns, especially Telemarketing.
- Experience selecting and training external call centres and developing in-house telemarketing teams for lead conversion.
- Solid understanding and experience developing and optimizing lead generation websites.
- Solid understanding and experience developing multichannel supporter journeys.
- Solid understanding and experience using marketing automation platforms.
- Solid understanding of web and CRM analytics.
- An understanding of working within a strategy to assess and make operational decisions
- An understanding of, or experience of, working within a team with knowledge management and skill sharing responsibilities equivalent in scale and focus to this role
- Fluent in English with excellent writing and speaking mandatory, additional language skills such as Spanish would be an asset
- We can offer circa £55,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
To apply: SCI Career Site Careers (oraclecloud.com)
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.