Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full Time
Link to Website
Closing date: 01/10/2023
The Palestine Children's Relief Fund (PCRF) was established in 1992 by concerned humanitarians in the USA to bring injured and sick children free medical care they could not get locally. Since then, we have sent over 2,000 sick and injured children for free medical care and sponsored hundreds of volunteer medical teams from all over the world to treat tens of thousands of sick and injured youths in local hospitals. PCRF also has built two pediatric cancer departments in Palestine and has several more major programs and projects to help support the development of a sustainable healthcare system there. We are a grassroots organization depending on the support of thousands of volunteers worldwide to help us achieve our humanitarian mission.
PCRF has been growing operationally at a rapid pace. To meet the humanitarian demands of children in areas where PCRF work, a fundraising director is needed to work closely with the President to build and lead a new department in PCRF to implement and lead a fundraising strategy in North America, as well as globally. There is excellent potential for significant growth in funding for PCRF through a more direct and strategic fundraising plan and program, using all of the current tools available and helping to identify and bring new funding streams to the organization.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to work closely with the President to identify and engage donors, develop new fundraising campaigns, help guide our digital fundraising presence, and manage staff responsible for bringing in the resources PCRF needs to implement its humanitarian mission. This role is critical to the growth and success of PCRF and its operations on the ground. This position expects to include leadership, strategy, management, and bringing in new innovative ideas to expand our donor base and improve our engagement with existing donors.
The job holder will have the following key responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of a fundraising strategy for continued growth in close coordination with PCRF’s leadership team.
- Strengthen current fundraising mechanisms currently focusing on digital fundraising, events, galas and HNWI as well as diversify fundraising mechanisms opening new potential funding means.
- Manage a dynamic digital content creation and development team, fostering an inclusive and cooperative work environment. Supervise their work, including annual performance reviews, ensuring high-quality final products, adherence to deadlines, balanced portfolios, and team ability to meet fundraising goals.
- Support the development of digital fundraising and promotional materials to enhance PCRF branding and fundraising via social media, web online acquisition and other online fundraising.
- Identify potential new donors through internal CRM segmentation as well as prospect researching for new cold approaches. Spearhead outreach to and directly cultivate new donors.
- Manage the data base and create donor development campaigns to increase donor lifetime value. Analyze giving trends via CRM data.
- Define and lead fundraising events and galas and bring in new ideas on new means to expand this fundraising income base.
- Coordinate efforts to steward and secure donations/grants from current and new donors, cementing pathways for the president and Board to finalize the donations.
- Ensure current overarching fundraising targets are met to advance sustainability and minimize risk.
- Partner with the COO to track fundraising progress, chart goals, and report key updates to the Board.
- Work with the internal team and strategic communications officer to maintain a coordinated, strategic, and tactically cohesive pipeline of promotional materials and content.
- Shape projects and proposals with PCRF team leads.
- Track and strategize donor research and engagement.
Experience and qualifications
- BA required; MBA or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience, including non-profit fundraising in a generalist fundraising leadership role, having worked with annual funds, planned giving, middle donor, major gifts, digital fundraising, and events. Having raised funds for a USA 501 c (3) non-profit organization.
- Experience fostering team success and optimizing individual performance and growth.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating external alliances and writing grant proposals is a bonus skill.
- Demonstrated project management skills, flexible nature, and ability to coordinate across teams, ideally with colleagues from a range of countries, languages, and backgrounds.
- Strong grasp of the non-profit, transparency, and accountability donor landscape.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and commitment to advancing PCRF’s mission.
- Outstanding writing skills and ability to articulate a strong narrative.
- Strong analytical skills and capacity for creativity and innovative thinking.
- Strong grasp of non-profit operations and donor due diligence.
- Comfort using Microsoft Office applications, primarily Word, Excel and Google Docs and fundraising/CRM software, including Neon (as a bonus skill).
Personal traits desired
- Ability to work with a global team, agility to accommodate time differences, and the patience and enthusiasm to build systems and efficiencies for a growing organization.
- A team player, committed to meaningfully and strategically contributing to the organization’s financial strength and foundation for growth.
- Ability to innovate and act quickly to seize opportunities, prioritize, and work independently to advance goals.
Note: For USA based candidates, this role is open to candidates who have the right to work in the USA. The post could be open to relevant candidates based outside of the USA, as long as they have strong experience fundraising for a USA based organization.
Reporting to: President
Manages: Development Staff
To apply for this role, please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how you fulfil the requirements set out in the job announcement by clicking on the link below.
Please contact Karem Armstrong at Karem@darylupsall.com for any queries you may have.
The deadline for application is October 1st, 2023.
Sign up to Global Charity Jobs to receive our weekly jobs bulletin to not miss a single opportunity!
Daryl Upsall International actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. In recruiting candidates, we seek candidates with the proven skills required, irrespective of race, gender, religion or belief, age, disability or sexual orientation.