The Brave Movement is a global movement of survivors and allies, united to drive advocacy and campaigns for transformative change. We launched in early 2022 and are growing fast with members and partners in all regions of the world. The Brave Movement was initiated, and is hosted by, Together for Girls, a global partnership to end violence against children and adolescents.
The Brave Movement seeks a dynamic campaign leader to coordinate our new global campaign against online child sexual exploitation and abuse (OCSEA). This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced campaigner to build and develop a global campaign to hold technology companies to account.
The Campaign Director will develop the Brave Movement’s new campaign aimed at holding technology companies accountable for OCSEA. The campaign will focus on amplifying survivor voices and working with partners and allies across the world in developing powerful campaign strategies to transform the technology sector. Survivors will bring demands for bold and transformational solutions to companies, such as making their platforms safe by design for children, and the immediate removal of Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM).
This position reports directly to the Brave Movement Executive Director and will manage some junior staff and external consultants. This is an 18-month position with possible renewal and will ideally be based in the Bay Area. Applicants should have work authorization for their preferred location. This is currently a remote position with the expectation to travel to attend some in-person meetings periodically.
- Develop an impactful global campaign strategy for the Brave Movement and its allies, including private and public influencing.
- Build an empowered network of survivor advocates and increase and maintain campaigns partnerships.
- Work with coalition partners to develop campaign actions and materials.
- Manage consultants, junior staff, and project budget.
- Support Brave Movement’s partners and members in developing campaign skills and capacities.
- Work with monitoring and evaluation teams to track campaign progress and iteratively improve strategy.
- Support safety, healing, and self-care for survivor advocates.
- Work closely with staff and partners to coordinate with other Brave campaigns.
- At least 7 years’ experience leading corporate accountability campaigns in a non-profit, UN agency or social good organization.
- Strong knowledge of the technology sector and current OCSEA issues, including privacy debates.
- Significant experience of working with international coalitions or movements.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work virtually in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Advocacy and negotiation skills with a track record of successful outreach.
- Excellent creative skills to produce impactful campaign resources and design campaign actions.
- Cultural competency and demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Strong and inclusive management style.
- Budget management experience.
- Committed to upholding Brave Movement and Together for Girls’ values.
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
- Experience working with survivors.
- Knowledge of the child protection sector.
- Additional languages, especially French or Spanish.
Sexual violence against children and adolescents is one of the largest silent pandemics of our time. It is a problem that festers in homes, online, and in communities in every country around the world.
The Brave Movement demands an end to the pandemic of sexual violence through advocacy for bold public policy solutions combined with public campaigns to shift societal norms, eradicate survivor stigma and break the conspiracy of silence that enables sexual violence to continue. We are mobilizing survivors and allies that are globally connected, nationally coordinated, and locally grounded. Our approach is structured across prevention, healing and justice.
Terms and conditions
This role offers a competitive salary adjusted to the cost of labor in the country or U.S. city where the candidate resides. Final salary within this location adjusted range will also be determined by the candidate’s qualifications and years and type of experience.
Culture and values
The Brave Movement seeks to create a courageous, inclusive, and flexible culture that empowers our staff to have the capacity and ability to deliver change. We strive to build and maintain psychological safety, trust, and accountability among team members in order to foster honesty and openness about our needs and challenges while also prioritizing self-care.
Reporting to: Movement Executive Director
Manages: Will manage some junior staff and external consultants
Contract type: 18-month contract with possible renewal
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: Karem Armstrong at (see email below)
Please ensure they are sent with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “BRAVE Movement- Online Campaign Director” in the email subject line.
This is a rolling process, applications will be evaluated as they arise.
Final deadline for application is April 2nd, 2023.
Sign up to Global Charity Jobs to receive our weekly jobs bulletin to not miss a single opportunity!
Together for Girls, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse working environment free from discrimination and harassment. Qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Together for Girls, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the U.S.
Daryl Upsall International actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. In recruiting candidates, we seek candidates with the proven skills required; irrespective of race, gender, religion or belief, age, disability or sexual orientation.