Organisation: Compassion in World Farming
Position: Global Director of Fundraising
Location: Flexible, in UK or a major city within Europe
Salary: Circa £80,000 GBP dependant on experience + benefits package
Closing date: 29/09/2019 (day/month/year)
Compassion in World Farming
Compassion in World Farming was founded in 1967 by a
British farmer who became horrified by the development of modern, intensive
factory farming. Today we campaign peacefully to end all
factory farming practices. We believe that
the biggest cause of cruelty on the planet deserves a focused, specialised
approach – so we only work on farm
Our international headquarters are in Godalming (UK) and we also have
European offices in Bologna (Italy), Paris, Warsaw, Nijmegen (the Netherlands)
and Brussels as well as an office in China (Beijing) and a team in the US.
purpose of this role is to build on our strong track record by delivering rapid
growth in global income to achieve an end to factory farming. To do this, the
post holder is set a target of achieving an ambitious, but we believe
achievable, annual global income of £15 million by the end of 2022.
will bring dynamic and outward-looking international leadership to our
fundraising operation. You will be an ambitious and entrepreneurial
international fundraiser, experienced in remarkable and dynamic net income
growth, with a strong desire to change the world for animals, people and
will operate as a strategic partner to the CEO and the Board of trustees, and
as a member of the Global Leadership Team (GLT). You will nurture key external relationships
and represent Compassion in World Farming (Compassion) externally.
will have strategic responsibility for all international revenue-generating
programmes and activities, including engagement with new donor audiences and
new markets, and for marketing aimed at building brand awareness
You will require creativity, innovation,
entrepreneurship and transformational leadership. You will be able to demonstrate a track
record in scaling up existing fundraising programmes, managing and stewarding
High Net Worth Individuals and international foundations, particularly in the
US, and ideally leading market entry for fundraising into new countries or
regions. You will also be adept at building mutually rewarding relationships
with ultra-high net worth funders, investors and grant making bodies.
You will be able to make the smartest fundraising
investments to optimise long-term and sustainable income whilst also working
closely with colleagues to ensure that the wider organisation is poised and
ready for the demands and changes of such a programme.
Your passion for transforming Compassion’s impact will
be matched by your expertise in relationship fundraising and the need for a
truly donor-centric fundraising strategy – where our supporters are at the
heart of everything we do.
You will both deliver direct activities and build
teams to achieve these goals, and work in partnership across Compassion to
support all colleagues engaged with donors and fundraising in field and HQ
If you need to work remotely because of distance to
the HQ in UK, we would expect you to be present in the HQ office for a minimum
of five days per month. To achieve these goals, you will provide leadership and
direction to the global Fundraising team.
Overall objectives of the post
The purpose of this
role is to help end factory farming.
This role will contribute by:
Position in the
1. To achieve an annual global income of £15 million by the end of 2022;2. To deliver the Global Growth Strategy for Compassion that both leverages the opportunity in current markets and identifies new market opportunities. This may need updating when required to take advantage of changing circumstances;3. To unite Compassion’s international leaders and fundraisers in shared planning, setting of common goals and aspirations for achieving an ambitious income target;4. To develop the necessary systems, processes, tools and staff structures to best support the implementation and effective growth of Compassion’s international fundraising programme;5. To lead an international approach to fundraising delivery - setting international standards and methodology for investment allocation and monitoring, and setting goals, KPIs and benchmarks, ensuring that international fundraising activities and results are evaluated and leveraged for maximum value and impact;6. To develop an international approach to digital fundraising, spending investment and tracking results across all Compassion markets;7. To look at the possibility of establishing an Endowment Fund to fulfil specific goals within the organization;8. To research and develop prospect funders/investors for raising funds for investing in Compassion’s strategic income growth, and thereby growth in mission delivery, through social investors, ‘angel’ investors and the like;9. To secure additional exceptional funding to enable our ambition re. Systemic Change/Global Agreement objectives;10. To devise creative effective and integrated supporter/donor engagement, brand and marketing activities to reach new and potential supporter/donor audiences;11. To attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control, and performance.
Limits of Authority
* International authority for fundraising and
* Authority for fundraising budget internationally
* May authorise expenditure within budget
* May recommend disciplinary action and training
requirements for staff within own department
* May select suppliers
* May authorise cheque payments up to the value of
* May recommend/suggest action to take on
Proven Ability, Qualifications & Training
You will want to change the
world and have a strong affinity with animal welfare and related environmental
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to this specific post along with your resume/CV in strict confidence by email to Zoe Oldham at (see email above)
Documents must be submitted in English and in Word format. No other format will be considered. No documents other than those requested will be accepted at this stage. CVs with photos will not be accepted in any case.
Please ensure that documents are sent with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” and state "Compassion – Global Fundraising Director” in the email subject line. Please do let us know, in your covering email, where you found out about the post.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 29th September 2019 18:00
Contact person: Zoe Oldham
Response email: Click here to email the recruiter
Preferred method of response: Email
Closing date: 2019-09-29
Globalcharityjobs.com is not responsible for the content of this advertisement, nor for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Globalcharityjobs.com provides this advertisement as a service, and the inclusion of any vacancy does not imply endorsement by Global Charity Jobs.